Friday, May 27, 2011

Update

I promise, I will get back to my past journey...tomorrow.

After 6 phone calls to 3 pharmacies, 2 insurance companies, and my REs office I finally had an answer about my medication. But my insurance company didn't want me to have Follistim. They would rather me use Gonal instead. Fortunately, these are the same medication with different names. I don't understand how an insurance company can tell you which medication you should use when my doctor is the one who went to school forever and has years and years of experience, but it is what it is. They overnighted me my medications and they arrived this morning!

Common Side Effects of Femara (the pill I've been taking the last 5 days): back, leg or arm pain; breast pain; constipation; cough; diarrhea; dizziness; headache; hot flashed; flushing; increased sweating; indigestion; joint or muscle pain; loss of appetite; mild swelling or fluid retention; nausea; night sweats; sleeplessness; stomach pain; tiredness; vaginal dryness or irritation; vomiting; weakness; weight gain or loss.

The reason I tell you this is to explain just how messed up my body is. Usually I react with at least 1 negative side effect if a medication causes it...not on this stuff! I have had no pain (other than a mild ache in my belly), no tummy troubles, my night sweats and hot flashes have gone away, my heartburn is gone, I've been eating everything under the sun, and I've lost 2 pounds. So I am "suffering" some of the mentioned side effects, but I'm happy to suffer them. Hehe.

It's funny...I start giving myself injections tomorrow and I'm not overly nervous about it, even with my husband out of town. I'm excited to see how well these medications are working!! If all goes well, we might be doing the IUI at the end of this week or the beginning of the next. I'm soooooo excited!

1 comment:

  1. i am so excited for you!!! praying it works PERFECTLY!

    ReplyDelete