Tuesday, May 31, 2011

hurry up and wait

This morning I had an appointment with Dr. P's IUI lead for an ultrasound. We were looking to see how many follicles I had growing and how big they were. She found 2 on my right side measuring about 13.5mm and 9mm and 1 on my left side measuring about 9.5mm. We want one to be pushing 20mm if possible. So I will be doing 3 more days of injectable medication. I go back in Friday morning to see what's going on.

She also saw that I have fluid in my uterus (again), but Dr. P says it's no big deal yet because I'm not ready to ovulate. He thinks it will go away by the time we are ready for the IUI.

Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait.

2 comments:

  1. But it's good that some are growing, right? (Forgive me, I'm new to this!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good thing. The "lead" follicle isn't as big as I would have hoped. But, one good thing about my hormones not being where they should be...the medicine controls everything. I won't ovulate until I have the right meds on board. So I have 3 more days to grow them.

    ReplyDelete