Friday, June 3, 2011

Round 3

Baseline ultrasound shows everything is good and ready to go, so we start again. We sat down with Dr. P and he explained to us that if this IUI didn't work we would be moving on to IVF, but he was going to up the medication again to give us the best possible shot.

(I got a copy of this cycle, so I have actual dates and numbers for you.)

5/13 - I started my period

5/14 - I had my baseline ultrasound and started my medication.
5 days of Femara (as usual) followed by 3 days taking 125 units of Follistim.

5/21 - I had several measurable follicles. And my Estradiol was 73.6
Here are the sizes: 13.17, 13.03, 11.31, 10.32, 9.95, 9.19, 7.69. Yep, I had 7 follicles worth looking at...kinda scary since I had only had 1 or 2 to look at up until now. But because none of them were big enough to do anything, I did another 5 days of 100 unites of Follistim.

Estradiol is a hormone. This should be reading 150-400 per mature follicle. Obviously, smaller, not mature ones will produce some estradiol too.

5/26 - My Estradiol was 899!!! And I had 2 great looking follicles (sadly, I don't have the sizes) and 1 that may or may not release. We were then spoke to in a concerned voice that, should this work, we could have multiples. We didn't care! We did the trigger shot that night and...

Thursday 5/28 - We came in and did our IUI and I was put back on the progesterone suppositories. We were very hopeful this time because this is the first time our doctor seemed really excited about us getting pregnant.

And again...we waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment